28 Jul VERANEX, Senior Program Manager
Veranex is growing to meet the ever-evolving needs of the MedTech industry. If you’re looking to accelerate your career and make an impact in MedTech, please apply below.
Position: The Senior Program Manager has 8+ years of experience in consumer product development and/or medical equipment and device development. Reporting to the Director of Program Management, this individual manages and executes program direction in accordance with the client and development team goals. In addition, this individual has experience with leading and directing business development initiatives regarding specific clients.
Nature of Role: The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for managing major/complex programs and leading various disciplines in executing the required deliverables. It is expected that these programs require discipline leaders and multiple team interfaces. The ability to interact with clients from project initiation through the entire development process is a must.
The following key attributes are required:
- Flexibility to perform and manage a wide range of activities and willingness to “wear many hats”
- Outstanding people skills; friendly, confident, competent, great communicator, honest, and sincere
- Must be a dynamic personality and willing to work within a collaborative team environment
- Energetic, proactive self-starter who enjoys challenges and variety
- Client /Team Management responsibility including overall client satisfaction, profitability, etc.
- Overall responsibility to ensure client program is maintained.
- Awareness of client satisfaction level and client needs for differing levels of service.
- Maintain program oversight (over all disciplines) Ensure individual discipline leaders are aware of client overall objectives and their responsibilities to the specific programs. Escalate any issues as appropriate to higher level management.
- Sound program management skills, including task scheduling, budget tracking,
- Develop and Maintain schedule, ensure schedule has been reviewed by internal supervisor. Schedule will include resource needs to accomplish tasks. Schedule and resource need to be submitted to VPPM & VPSO at the beginning of the phase and updated on a monthly basis.
- Ensure proposal deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- Ensure program is compliant with the Veranex product development process, including Veranex’s SOP’s guidelines.
- Submit signed proposal and/or PO with program budget breakdown to accounting and business development by accurately completing the project setup sheet at the beginning of each phase.
- Ensure invoicing is done within the 1st 5 business days of the following month.
- Ensure that any out of scope work is approved by either the client and/or internally.
- Ensure that the appropriate filing structure in the WIP/ Smarteam, CTS, etc. is setup.
- Advocate and maintain appropriate resource loadings needed to maintain project deliverables, including budget and schedule.
- Ensure team members are accurately entering their hours into the accounting system on a weekly basis.
- Ensure program profitability.
- Conduct post-mortem with team members and appropriate senior management on each phase during the program
- Ability to organize and communicate high-level presentations to clients, clinicians, and participating teams, as necessary
- Develop with team, appropriate presentations of activities during each phase of program. Ensure that each presentation is reviewed internally by senior management prior to submitting to client/other.
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with client companies
- Submit weekly project status dashboards to internal management and/or client.
- Ensure meeting agendas are submitted prior to and utilized during meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and manage resources, make decisions, solve problem, exercise good judgment & flexibility and maintain budgets and schedule
- Ensure that each team member is aware in writing the time (work effort and duration) allotted for activities.
- Coordinate all aspects of program activities, between the client and Veranex industrial design, engineering, quality, regulatory, testing, documentation, etc.
- Ability to communicate with vendors and to proactively monitor internal resources to ensure all products are developed within cost targets and delivered on schedule
- Ensure Veranex is meeting the needs of the client and that the device will be successful in the marketplace