27 Jul VERANEX, Senior Electrical Engineer
Veranex is growing to meet the ever-evolving needs of the MedTech industry. If you’re looking to accelerate your career and make an impact in MedTech, please apply below.
Veranex has partnered with Genius Talent to hire a Senior Electrical Engineer. Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, the Senior Electrical Engineer helps to execute and guide electrical design and specification activities through all phases of the product development process – from initial design to final
manufacturing transfer. The candidate must stay abreast of current methods and trends in electrical engineering, consumer electronics, and consumer communications. The candidate will also provide robust, cost-effective electrical engineering solutions for medical products and equipment designed by Veranex’s product development staff and shipped to clients in the U.S. and abroad.
- Broad range of electrical engineering including experience in digital and analog circuit design,
- simulation, schematic capture, PCB layout, prototyping and debug
- Familiarity with Altium is preferred
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability techniques, including domestic and non-domestic sourcing
- Basic technical project management including communicating with internal personnel including program managers, design, mechanical, software, and electrical engineering, quality, regulatory, and research
- External communication includes OEM factories, suppliers, and clients at a technical level
- Mentor engineers in electronics and medical product design practices
- Make technical presentations to the R&D staff
- Introduce new electronics design tools, including software applications and test equipment
- Write/update/edit SOPs to standardize the product design process
- Write new production test procedures to ensure FDA compliance
- Work with Quality Engineering to author, organize, occasionally execute, and direct testing procedures to ensure compliance with design specifications and lifecycle requirements
- Flexibility to multi-task and perform a wide range of activities
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office proficiency
- Possess a solid background in the design, manufacturing, and sourcing of electrical components.
- Ability to prototype, simulate, debug, and test circuits is required
- Knowledge of IEC/UL-60601 and related standards is beneficial
- Successful communication skills, business acumen and assertive decision-making abilities