27 Jul VERANEX, Mechanical Engineering Manager
Veranex is growing to meet the ever-evolving needs of the MedTech industry. If you’re looking to accelerate your career and make an impact in MedTech, please apply below.
The experienced Mechanical Engineering Manager supports our domestic and international product development, sourcing, and manufacturing business.
Nature of Role: The Mechanical Engineering Manager is a key leadership position reporting to the Director of Engineering. The position has two primary objectives. First, the role provides management, leadership and independent review of work completed by engineers assigned to various project teams. The Mechanical Engineering Manager will directly manage a portion of the mechanical engineering team as well as provide leadership and guidance to members outside of his/hers reporting structure. Secondly, this individual may be a mechanical engineering lead on product development programs. This entails leading activities through all phases of the medical product development process. This includes conceptual design, detailed engineering, participating in design verification, validation, and manufacturing transfer. As appropriate, the manager will also ensure compliance with medical device regulations and device standards in this regulated industry.
Requirements: An effective leader preferably holding a BSME degree coupled with 10+ years of mechanical engineering experience within the medical device/equipment industry. Possess a solid background in the design engineering, manufacturing and sourcing of electromechanical components. The ability to prototype, simulate, debug, and test systems is required. A minimum of 2 years in leading technical teams including indirect personnel is required. Knowledge of FDA QSR Regulations (21 CFR 820), ISO 13485:2003 (Quality System) and ISO 14971:2007 (Risk Management) is essential.
Our fast-paced environment demands the ability to manage multiple projects within the discipline and deadlines. High-energy, self-starters with the following qualities:
- Must be able to oversee, manage, coordinate and prioritize the activities of a portion of the Mechanical Engineering staff.
- Excellent communication skills, business acumen and assertive decision-making ability. Must be able articulate complex problems effectively to both internal and external stakeholders
- Flexibility to multi-task and perform a wide range of activities
- Excellent mechanical product development skills including, mechanical design, material selection, quantitative analysis, instrumented testing and basic statistical skills.
- Excellent computer skills including, CAD, FEA, data processing, and presentation skills.