27 Jul VERANEX, Firmware Engineer
Veranex is growing to meet the ever-evolving needs of the MedTech industry. If you’re looking to accelerate your career and make an impact in MedTech, please apply below.
The Firmware Engineer supports our rapidly growing domestic and international product development, sourcing, and manufacturing business.
Nature of Role: Reporting to the Director of Embedded Hardware, the Firmware Engineer works within program teams, leading firmware design efforts of Veranex’s product development programs.
Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, coupled with 3-10 years of experience in embedded systems development with some exposure to the medical device arena is required along with the following key attributes:
- Ability to design and develop firmware applications in response to functional specifications
- Development of embedded systems using C, C++, and C#
- Use of debugging tools, including software debuggers and basic use of electronic diagnostic devices for software development, integration, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Ability to integrate firmware with a variety of hardware platforms and to analyze and troubleshoot the hardware/firmware interface
- Experience with baremetal, RTOS, and/or embedded Linux environments
- Experience in developing wireless applications and devices
- Experience in sensor and instrumentation integration
- Development of applications with intensive, interrupt driven communications for real-time process control applications using multiple serial channels and communications protocols (proprietary and standard based)
- ARM microcontroller experience
- Experience with ISO 13485, IEC 62304, FDA design controls or similar regulatory environment.
Our fast-paced environment demands the ability to manage multiple projects within various disciplines and deadlines. High-energy, self-starters with the following qualities:
- Successful communication skills, business acumen and assertive decision-making ability
- Flexibility to multi-task and perform a wide range of activities
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office proficiency