12 Jan The Mullings Group, Chief Financial Officer
This is an executive-level position, reporting to the President of the Company and serving on the Company’s Board of Directors. As such, the Chief Financial Officer is directly engaged in our strategic planning and shares responsibility for the future growth and success of the Company. An ability to provide both long-term vision as well as day-to-day practical solutions is critical for this role.
As Chief Financial Officer (CFO), you will plan, develop, organize, lead, implement, direct, evaluate, and continually improve our fiscal function and performance. This role will collaborate with business unit leaders to develop financial strategies and drive analytics to enable business decision making as the organization experiences double-digit growth and global expansion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide operational financial leadership and serve as a hands-on financial leader when needed, with responsibility of oversight and protection of the assets and financial integrity of the company, both as member of the Management Board but as a Legal Officer of the Company.
· Drive an ERP implementation / upgrade and set up of appropriate financial frameworks and processes to orchestrate and manage the duties in accounting, treasury, controlling, audit, financial regulation and M&A.
· Perform financial planning & analysis duties including competitive analysis, budgeting, forecasting and operational analyses to nurture both strategic and tactical decisions made by the company.
· Integrate Sales and Operations planning into forecast and reporting processes for the company.
· Ensure that the company’s books and records are properly maintained according to IFRS and Group accounting standards, and deliver appropriate statutory, financial and management reports to meet required timeframes and formats.
· Reinforce a metrics-driven culture using objective goals and benchmarks, transparent and clear communication, and alignment across all functions of the company
· Maintain internal control systems and risk assessments for the company and ensure their adequacy at all times, communicating pro-actively and immediately when an issue or potential issue arises.
· Act as a Risk Manager, alongside the CEO, evaluating risks both in the short to long terms as well as assessing and reviewing the mitigation strategies
· Support proactively the CEO and leadership team in relation to all financial, administrative and legal matters.
· Serve as an advisor to leadership team in evaluating the financial condition of the organization and developing proactive recommendations for growth; develop solutions to business issues; provide data, facts and analysis to enable sound decision-making in the company.
· Design, propose and implement a set of financial systems and metrics that link to the strategic plan to allow for effective monitoring of financial achievements against long-term and annual operating targets.
· Team-up with other functions within the company in creating business case scenario for new business models, new products, services and new channels. In addition, have the ability to provide contract management support for the negotiation of the terms of agreement with national/international sales partners and also with our key contract for partners.
· Be an effective role model within the company and the finance organization; this includes connecting with all departments, key experts and champions within the company to build trust, drive changes and achieve the desired outcomes
· Train and develop employees across the company, particularly within the finance organization as people development leader
· Maintain good working relationships with the companies’ bankers, auditors, lawyers and other professional advisers.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• A professional accounting qualification is required; MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years progressive, hands-on experience in all areas of financial operations including accounting, reporting, financial analysis and planning, systems and processes, controlling, compliance and audit
• High potential leader with strong track record as a professional accountant in Small Medium Businesses environment
• Experience with international finance requirements and working with companies in similar growth stages
• Strong business partnering skills to fit into the company’s culture, which emphasizes teamwork, collaboration, respect, empathy and best practices, to establish the financial rigor accelerating growth through better decision making and improved communication across the sector
• Wealth of experience with metrics-driven financial planning and analysis skills to drive the development of KPIs and the standardization of financial processes which meaningfully impacts the results & direction of a business
• Track record in leading implementation of software packages, driving adoption and improving efficiency
• Experience in Commercial Management in developing new business models, different growth channels, product analysis and pricing strategies through harnessing data
• Experience in Contract Management for the negotiation of business agreements terms, payment terms, pricing, indemnities or liabilities
• Able to translate strategic objectives into actionable plans with metrics and gaining the acceptance of main stakeholders
• Prior senior line management experience, ideally in small or medium sized businesses
• Creativity and interest in strategic planning
• Strong communication skills and ability to connect with people and build trust
• Can point to development of strong teams and individual performers historically
• Key attributes: proactive; curious; flexible, confident, avid learner, ability to combine a ‘hands-on’ operational approach while making a strategic contribution; maturity; adaptability; professional; good communicator, presenter and motivator and the ability to work with a wide range of people; good ‘team player’, not afraid to make mistake, willingness to grow
- You are curious, challenge the status quo and anticipate the future.
- You are an analytical problem-solver, seeking to create win-win solutions.
- You are a strong business partner with good communication skills.
- You are ambitious for the customer, company and its people.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You are optimistic, but realistic and pragmatic.
- You like to lead others and help them build their skills.
- You understand the importance of P&L and balance sheet performance.
- You like to drive improvement and leave things better than when you started.
- Simply put, you are just a good person.