17 May J&J, SENIOR PLASTICS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson Company, is currently recruiting for a Senior Plastics Development Engineer to support the development of plastic components for its Endomechanical R&D group, located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologies – including sutures, harmonic & electrosurgical instruments, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars, and synthetic mesh devices – that are used in a wide variety of surgical procedures. We combine products and services of two outstanding legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the landscape of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery was established 30 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the groundbreaking shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Senior Plastics Development Engineer will lead and drive plastic component development for New Product Development (NPD) projects, applying their knowledge to:
- Lead the design, development, qualification and stabilization of plastic component and process solutions
- Own process development, qualification, and control for component and assembly solutions
- Serve as an integral part of NPD teams on Design for Manufacturing/Assembly/ Cost and drive robust product and process development that meets business commitments and stabilization metrics
- Design and develop robust equipment, tooling, and manufacturing processes to meet product requirements in compliance with User requirements, Quality, Regulatory, Safety and Ergonomic standards
- Incorporate risk mitigation methodology to drive process stability and capability
- Identify and implement standard methodologies of project management through component development
Ready to join us?