30 Aug Medtronic Software Test Engineering Manager – Diabetes
Careers that Change Lives
As a Software Test Engineering Manager focused on embedded software and firmware, you will be asked to lead the testing, verification, and validation of the next generation of our products. Our product suite spans from medical devices that a patient wears, to mobile apps, up to our back-end servers. This is a challenging task, and one that requires very critical thinking to ensure the system performs well.
The best candidates will be critical thinkers who solve problems efficiently, pragmatically, and continually seek information from all sources. Strong relationship skills are a must, as is excellent verbal and written communication.
This is a unique opportunity to apply your best technical innovation, problem solving and leadership skills to improving how people live their lives every day.
A Day in the Life
- Lead the Design and implementation of the test protocols, automated test scripts, and test tools of next generation medical devices to treat and improve the lives of people with type I diabetes.
- Work closely with software development, product engineering, product marketing, quality and the systems teams to ensure the product works properly from end-to-end, both pre- and post-release.
- Demonstrated expertise in mobile, power limited product firmware development.
- Demonstrated management of robust software processes to drive quality and manage risk.
- Establish a culture of quality and safety, but one that understands that innovation only occurs with responsible risk taking.
- Establish a culture of collaboration and success with partners in systems engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing, security, quality, and business functions.
- Build an organization of unsurpassed technical capability with insight and empathy for customer and patients.
- Establish standards of work for automated testing and verification of embedded software products.
- Guide and develop embedded and firmware test engineers to attain their professional objectives for growth while ensuring the functional success for the business.
- Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, direct and implement all aspects of the company’s verification and validation of new medical device products or software systems.
- May develop, evaluate, implement and maintain technical quality assurance and control systems or reliability systems and standards pertaining to materials, techniques, or company products.
- Oversee the investigation and evaluation of existing technologies.
- Direct the development of new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Organize the coordination of activities with outside consultants to ensure timely delivery.
Location: Northridge, CA