30 Aug Medtronic Principal Software Engineer in Test – Neuroscience
Careers That Change Lives
This position has the responsibility and authority to develop and perform test automation verification & validation activities for software and systems to ensure Medtronic’s cutting edge medical products meet our user’s needs and our quality and reliability standards. This position requires application of technical expertise to independently determine and develop approaches to solve complex technical problems with ingenuity and creativity. Work is performed under limited direction.
The Neuroscience Group develops life-restoring therapies and healthcare solutions that span the care continuum; integrating technologies and applying clinical and economic evidence to increase patient access, improve efficiency of procedures and deliver successful patient outcomes.
A Day in the Life
- The Prin. Software Engineer in Test is responsible for leading and contributing to the development of test automation for cutting edge products used in the medical field. Specific tasks include:
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other software and test engineers.
- Create project specific test strategies and approaches.
- Designing, developing, testing, maintaining and documenting/validating software testing components and applications.
- Participate in all phases of product development as needed such as reviewing requirements, design, usability, risk assessment, and testing execution.
- Contributes to the completion of work group objectives through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments.
- Interfacing with mechanical, electrical, systems, software and test engineers.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Participate in defect tracking and analysis.
- Troubleshoot, debug, maintain, and support existing products.
- Effectively communicate findings, problems and solutions to project teams and stakeholders.
- Collaborate and maintain excellent working relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- May manage projects requiring delegation of work and review of work products.
- Follow Medtronic Navigation product development standards and practices.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies and governmental regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
Location: Louisville, CO