01 Nov Medtronic Field Service Engineer (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
Careers That Change Lives
The Field Service Engineer is the primary technical representative for Medtronic Cardiac Surgery. The FSR is responsible for promoting and maintaining customer satisfaction by providing on-site maintenance and repair of company and customers’ equipment with minimal supervision or direction. Contributes to revenue objectives through the sale of service agreements, parts, and accessories to customers within individual territory.
We believe that when people from different cultures, genders, and points of view come together, innovation is the result —and everyone wins. Medtronic walks the walk, creating an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
This position will support a territory that includes Western Pennsylvania, Western New York, Southern Ohio, Most of West Virginia.
A Day in the Life
- Provides efficient, effective repair and inspection of Medtronic Cardiac Surgery equipment and equipment of designated partners of Medtronic Cardiac Surgery.
- Performs administrative duties to include service reports, contracts, market analysis and special reports.
- Manages assigned company assets, including spare parts inventory, service loaners, test equipment, computers, and vehicle.
- Takes ownership of all territory responsibilities necessary to maintain effective and efficient territory operation.
- Acts as a technical consultant for developing and nurturing customer relations, liaison between Medtronic Cardiac Surgery and the customer.
- Anticipates, plans, schedules, educates, and fulfills customer requirements in a timely manner.
- Provides technical support and assistance to sales, other service territories and corporate as needed. Participates in joint sales/service presentations.
- Responsible for maintaining and development of all business potential. Includes, but not limited to promotion and sale of contracts, accessories, etc.
- Flexibility to travel frequently- 50% of the time
Location: (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)